Whether you are on a yacht or a yawl, it is most essential to pack efficiently while taking everything that you may need for a wonderful holiday on the sea. Nowhere is coordinating your color choices for maximizing your wardrobe more important.
You have to be prepared for hot, sunny days spent languishing on deck, as well as exploring port towns, perhaps a bit of hiking, possible chilly nights on board, and even the threat of rain!
Daywear will be a breeze, bathing suit and cover up or shorts and shirts, a sun dress for on-land explorations, and for your feet a comfy pair of sandals. Always carry a tote, to stash your camera, and electronic devices, book, water, sunscreen. Even if you are just lounging on deck, it is a good idea to keep all of your things together in one place, shipshape. Another nautical necessity is a small waterproof bag for your camera and phone, when motoring into port on dingy or tender, on a exploration on a kayak or other sea worthy toy. And if you plan to hike, throw in a pair of light weight sneakers or sport sandals.
Evenings are perfect for white pants and a festive top, sandals or espadrille wedges and if going ashore, a clutch. We always throw in a wrinkle-proof cocktail dress, just in case, and a cozy wrap is essential.
- 3 tee shirts, tanks, or lightweight shirts
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 3 bathing suits
- 3 cover up, sarongs or tunics
- 1 day dress for on shore excursions
- 1 sweater for cool mornings and evenings
- 1 pair lycra shorts and rashguard for kayaking and boarding
- 3 tops or tunics
- 3 pairs of white slim-fitting pants, jeans, capri’s, etc.
- 1 wrinkle-free cocktail dress
- 1 pair of flat sandals
- 1 pair of boat shoes, sport sandals or lightweight sneakers
- 1 pair of wedges
- 1 pair of heeled sandals (optional)
- 1 pashmina or wrap
- 1 waterproof jacket
- 1 quilted vest
- 1 packable hat
- 1 baseball hat
- 1 small waterproof bag
- 1 tote bag
- 1 clutch bag